March 25, 2013

Posted by Sherri Flemings | File under : ,
Boring American Hero
Look at what's happened to me,
I can't believe it myself.
Started this off so excited and pumped,
I should have drawn somebody else.

Believe it or not,
I've put my pen down,
I never thought I could be so bo-o-ored.
I've put this away for a week and a day.
How could this be?
Believe it or not I'm still bored.

I started this off with so much excitement. I have fond memories of loving to watch this show when I was a kid. Of course, as I started to download some reference images I couldn't actually remember the show, not a single episode floating around in my brain. The only thing I could remember was that I liked it... that should have been a warning sign.

Who could it be?
This was my third pose attempt. I originally wanted him to be in a silly flying pose, but hanging from a rope. They just didn't look right, so I went with the easy stand pose.

I should just fly away right now
At this point I was still thinking I'd finish this guy. I mean... I was about to colour in a red cape, how exciting!


I have no interesting features, I am boring.
MEH.

I could not find anything interesting about this character. I tried to finish it, but every time I sat down I just got super bored and found something else to do on my tablet. Fail. Blah.

Who knows, maybe I'll finish him someday, but for now I'm giving up on The Greatest American Hero and moving on. I'm working on some character designs for a game +Jordan and I are developing. I'll share some pics when I can.


Reactions:

2 comments:

  1. I used to love that show too - but I'm terrified that if I watch it in adulthood it'll be the most awful thing ever. (I've been crushed recently by the realization that Dukes of Hazard, Knight Rider and The A Team were mostly crap)

    Great theme song though. :) I learned to play it on piano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sadly I have re-watched all of those shows and Dukes and Knight Rider are ruined for me now. I didn't find the A-Team to be quite as bad as the others. Another huge disappointment was Voltron. I've decided to stop watching TV from my childhood.

    I love the theme song, I also like the George Costanza version too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ria37d9mInY

    ReplyDelete